Employment in Depth Psychology
- Private practice since 1998. Jungian analysis, sandplay with adults and children ages five through ten.
- C.G. Jung Institute of Colorado, Denver. Seminar instructor (topics listed below).
- Colorado Sandplay Therapists Association. Workshop instructor (topics listed below).
- Adjunct Instructor, Naropa University, 1999-2006.
– Taught Master of Transpersonal Counseling students thesis-writing course.
– Co-developed and taught original online Transpersonal Counseling course.
Education in Depth Psychology
Centre for Research and Training in Depth Psychology, Zürich, Switzerland.
- Analytic Diploma, 2009.
- Thesis, Birthing God: Nature and spirit in the Ancient Levant, explores the evolution of feminine images in Israel and Palestine prior to and during the writing of the Old Testament.
C.G. Jung Institute of Colorado. Diploma granted in June, 2015.
Sandplay Therapists of America, International Society for Sandplay Therapy, Dora M. Kalff, Founder.
- Teaching membership, STA, since June, 2013. Clinical Membership, January, 2011.
- Board Member of the Colorado Chapter of STA (CSTA), 2004-2009. I continue to provide ongoing support and mentorship for the current Board.
Master of Arts, Transpersonal Counseling Psychology, Naropa University, Boulder, Colorado, 1999.
Private, monthly fairy tale study group
- Call for information
Centre for Research and Training in Depth Psychology, Zürich
- “Eros in the Ancient Levant,” five-hour lecture on the psychological interpretation of the evolution of divine feminine images in the Holy Land leading up to the Hebrew religion. March, 2013.
- “Mary Magdalene,” November, 2011.
- “War of the Ancient Dragon,” four-hour lecture on alchemical meditatio and symbolism in a child’s sandplay case, March, 2008.
C.G. Jung Institute of Colorado, Seminar Lectures (Six-hour classes include analytic training candidates.)
- “Animus and Eros II: Salt,” April, 2012.
- “Animus and Eros I: Sulfur,” January, 2011.
- “Autonomy and the Transcendent Function,” February, 2010.
C.G. Jung Institute of Colorado, Fundamentals of Jungian Psychology Lectures (Two-hour lectures for the public.)
- “Golden Legend on the Life of Saint Mary Magdalene,” April, 2014.
- “A Journey into the Red Book mandalas,” January, 2012.
- Alchemical stages, February, 2011.
- Introduction to typology, July, 2011.
- “Way of the Dream” discussion leader, October, 2010.
Sandplay Therapists of America (STA)
- “War of the Ancient Dragon,” two-hour lecture at STA National Conference, Berkeley, June, 2012.
Colorado Sandplay Therapy Association
- “The Elements of Alchemy” workshop, February, 2014.
- “Introduction to Sandplay” workshop, August, 2011.
- “Archetypal Meaning in Fairy Tales” workshop, April, 2011.
- “War of the Ancient Dragon” workshop, February, 2009.
- “Healing Trauma with Sandplay and Pre-sandplay” workshop, May, 2008.
- “Transference and Exchange” workshop, April, 2007.
- “Fire and Ash in Sandplay” lecture, June, 2006.
- “How to Find the Meaning behind Everyday Images” lecture, October, 2005.
C. G. Jung Society of Colorado, public lecture and workshop series.
- “Mary Magdalene: Lover of the Dying and Resurrecting God-Man” lecture, May, 2013.
- “The meaning of color in dreams,” lecture, April, 2009.
- Six-hour workshop on Irish Mythology, co-presenter, August, 2010.
- Active imagination workshop with Monika Wikman, March, 2007.
- “Asherah, the Last Nature Goddess,” May, 2006.
Lafayette, Louisiana Friends of Jung
- Fire and alchemical symbolism in sandplay, lecture and five-hour workshop, March, 2009.
- International Association for Analytical Psychology, since 2015.
- Sandplay Therapists of America (STA) and International Society of Sandplay Therapy (ISST), since 2011.
- Member of the Board of Directors, C. G. Jung Society of Colorado, 2005-2011.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Colorado Sandplay Therapy Association, 2004 – 2009.
- Member, Colorado Association of Psychotherapists, since 1998.
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts, 1982. Thesis examines rewriting as an essential tool in learning to write. Accepted into Resident Poet Richard Wilbur’s poetry writing seminar and wrote under his tutelage independently.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming, 1979. Painting and drawing.
- Co-founded The Owen Wister Review, an art and literary magazine still thriving.
- Principal, Howe Communications, Boulder, Colorado. Freelance public relations and marketing strategist and writer, 1991-1998.
- McData Corporation, Broomfield, Colorado, 1985-1991. Produced and edited quarterly journal on emerging technology.
- Teaching Assistant, English and writing, North Seattle Community College, Seattle, 1982-1984.